Menopause, ‘manopause’, and mid-life transitions can be beautiful, world-opening times in our lives when we discover new pieces of ourselves and become more at peace in our bodies. They can also sometimes be uncomfortable, tumultuous, and stressful. Just like hormonal fluctuations during puberty, shifting hormones during menopause are a major cause of this stress and discomfort. The goal of using acupuncture and herbs during this time is to reduce the symptoms of menopause and hormonal changes, regulate and balance your hormones for a smoother transition, and soothe anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues that can flare up during this time of great change. Whether you’re taking HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or not, acupuncture and herbs may help make your transition smoother and more enjoyable, and continue providing support long after these mid-life changes too. We happily work with MDs and other healthcare providers to give you the most well-rounded care possible.
Acupuncture and herbs may help to:
- Balance hormones to soothe ups and downs
- Reduce hot flashes and night sweats
- Reduce breakthrough bleeding and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Improve vaginal dryness
- Improve erectile dysfunction
- Smooth transition onto or off of HRT and hormone blockers (like tamoxifen or arimidex)
- Reduce post-surgical pain, speed healing, and reduce scarring
- Beyond menopause:
- Improve circulation to reduce blood clots and heal leg sores
- Reduce leg and ankle edema
- Regulate low and high blood pressure
- Reduce or reverse hair loss
- Reduce fatigue
- Improve sleep
- Benefit memory and concentration
- Reduce stress and soothe anxiety
- Lift depression
- Boost your immune system to keep you healthy through the seasons
All information in this blog is for educational uses only. Always consult your doctor before taking any herbs or supplements, or changing or discontinuing your medications.
Contact us to see if your insurance covers services at our office!
Join the Prism Family! Subscribe to our newsletter and get $30 off your first visit.